Reports from the Field/Battleground Updates - The Kerry Campaign in Wisconsin

William, Scott and I are heading to Wisconsin to help Kerry win the Presidency and take this country back from the special interests. This will be our daily Blog. It is my intention to file reports on our activities every single day from 10/17/04 – 11/03/04. This will be our “Report from the Field”, if you will. Here you can find out what kind of exciting activities we are up to in Wisconsin. You can also get our take on how the campaign is fairing in this great state.

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

10/18/2004

Daily Report from the Battleground State of Wisconsin - 10.18.04

What a day my friends. What a day. First let me update you on Bill Gutschow’s efforts down in Milwaukee. Bill spent the day canvassing in the working class neighborhoods of Milwaukee. He reports that Kerry is supported by the overwhelming number of people he talked with. Bill finished his day on the Union Phone bank effort. Bill is quite proud he moved some folks who were leading towards Bush into the solid Kerry column. God bless you Bill, you truly are doing the work of the angels. Bill wants me to express his love and regards to his friends and acquaintances that are following our efforts here in Wisconsin.

My day was similar to my union brother “Bill” in Milwaukee. My activities included phone banks, door to door and I spent the morning designing a leaflet for an upcoming event. I need to tell you: the people of Green Bay are incredible. As I went door to door in the neighborhoods of Green Bay today, all I found was hospitality. Most of the folks I talked to were clearly behind Kerry. However, even folks I met who were for Bush were gracious and accommodating. This is the America I love. An America that can disagree, but is not disagreeable.

The airwaves here in Green Bay are full of anti-Kerry bile. Today I heard a radio spot from the Republican National Committee that criticized the “Hollywood Elite”. Hollywood Elite like Michael Moore who is “attacking” our “way of life”.

Hello!! Knock! Knock! Michael Moore is from Flint Michigan, not from Hollywood. You may not always agree with Michael Moore, but it is quite a stretch to call him the “Hollywood Elite”. I guess Bush’s Republican National Committee, has no shame at all.

Get this:

Sinclair Fires Washington Bureau Chief

BALTIMORE - The Washington bureau chief for Sinclair Broadcast Group said he was fired Monday after he criticized the company's plans to produce a news program based on a documentary critical of John Kerry's Vietnam-era anti-war activities.

"They're using the news to drive their political agenda," Leiberman said. "I don't think it served the public trust." (Read More By Clicking Here)
If you have any comments on this post - send me an e-mail at unionman11@yahoo.com, and I will post it.
Goodnight Friends, and God Bless you!
-Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

this is a Proud Liberal Site Listed on Blogwise Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More